In 2015, UNICEF launched ΛGORΛ, its Global Hub for Learning and Development. ΛGORΛ is an innovative platform that facilitates global access to learning opportunities, and provides planning and reporting solutions for its users. Services are tailored to meet the needs of UNICEF staff, partners and any interested members of the public. Partners and public users can access dozens of free online courses on subjects such as Child Rights, Advocacy, Health, Programming, Nutrition, and more.
Learning opportunities offered by Agora relate to the following primary topics:
- Focus areas: Learn about the global humanitarian and development environment, the UN Human Rights framework and other global initiatives related to UNICEF’s work and mission.
- Strategies: Learn about the strategies and normative principles that guide all UNICEF’s efforts – as described in UNICEF’s current Strategic Plan.
- Leading and managing: Whatever your current level of responsibility is, you can find resources to develop your leadership and management skills relating to projects, teams, partnerships and more.
- Operational support: Learn about the software, guidelines or processes that allow UNICEF to operate and effectively deliver all over the world.
- Communication & languages: In today’s world it is more important than ever to know how to communicate your ideas clearly and effectively, through different tools, in various contexts, and preferably in several languages. Find here many training activities to become a better communicator.
- Career support: Develop your personal skills and competencies, from management and leadership development to desktop computer skills.
Find the right opportunities: Agora’s Catalogue helps you find the right learning opportunity amongst hundreds of options. You can search by title, keyword, provider, competency, topic or format.
Interact with other learners: A variety of tools, such as discussion forums, blogs, assignments or wikis help you to interact with other learners whilst providing support for your own learning needs.
Receive certificates and digital badges: Most activities include completion tracking and/or assessments on the basis of which you can receive digital badges and/or certificates of completion which you can then use to advance your career.