Youth workers today face tough and ever-increasing demands, supporting a population burdened with the multiplying and intensifying challenges of unemployment, the pandemic, conflict and climate change.
The Commonwealth Secretariat is inviting its member countries to celebrate the achievements of youth workers from 02-06 November 2020. Under the theme ‘Ambitious for Youth Work’, the Youth Work Week will recognize the huge responsibility youth workers take on and the sacrifices they make. The week will also be an opportunity to explore strategies to improve support mechanisms for professionals and boost the impact of their work.
- Raise awareness of youth work, its principles, values and ethos – particularly concerning youth workers’ role during the global pandemic;
- Build partnerships with youth workers associations and others in the sector;
- Develop platforms for networking and promoting the ambition for youth work; and
- Advocate for enhanced commitments and investments to empower and engage youth workers.
- A briefing for high commissioners, youth workers and youth work associations to discuss challenges and developments in the sector;
- The collection and dissemination of case studies of best practice in the field, featuring innovative solutions developed by youth workers, transnational collectives, young people and governments;
- The launch of cutting-edge Youth Work Labs – an integrated platform for those in the sector to reflect and exchange solutions to specific challenges;
- The launch of our practitioners’ short course and web series to offer practical support to youth work associations; and
- The kick-off of our social media campaign to highlight the contribution of youth work to national development.