- When: 27-29 Oct 2021 7:00 AM to 10:00 AM (NY Time)
- How to Join: Click here to Register or the Youtube stream link
The Global South COVID-19 Digital Innovation Challenge was launched in June 2021 in collaboration with the United Nations Office for South-South Cooperation (UNOSSC) as part of the ITU Innovation Challenges. The challenge sought to identify scalable, innovative, digital solutions that will enable countries, societies, communities, institutions and individuals from the Global South to deal with the cascading effects of the pandemic.
Over 250 challenge applications were received. An expert selection committee of over 40 members was convened to review the submissions against the evaluation criteria to determine the best innovative solutions that promote a return to normalcy after the COVID-19 crisis. Twenty-five projects were shortlisted and the organizers of these projects will make a live pitch in front of a selection committee during the 2021 Global Innovation Forum (GIF). The selection committee will choose up to 10 winners, who will be announced on 29 October at the GIF final session on “Bringing it all together”.
27 Oct 2021, 7:00 AM to 10:00 AM
- Opening Remarks by Ms. Xiaojun Grace Wang, Deputy Director, UNOSSC
- Live pitching from shortlisted candidates of the Global South Covid-19 Digital Innovation Challenges
28 Oct 2021, 7:00 AM to 10:00 AM
- Live pitching from shortlisted candidates of the Global South Covid-19 Digital Innovation Challenges (continued)
29 Oct 2021, 9:00 AM to 10:00 AM
Bringing it all together – Winner Announcement – Global South COVID-19 Digital Innovation Challenge
- Moderator: ITU
- Keynote remarks by Mr. Adel Abdellatif, Director Ad Interim, UNOSSC (5 mins)
- Announcement of the winners of Digital Innovation Challenge by Ms. Bogdan Martin, BDT Director, ITU, followed by a video
- Congratulatory remarks by Mr. Adel Abdellatif, Director Ad Interim, UNOSSC, Ms. Bogdan Martin, BDT Director, ITU and Ms. Xiaojun Grace Wang, Deputy Director UNOSSC
- Group Photo