- When: 31 Jan 2022 at 11.00 – 12.30 (WAT) / 14.00 – 15.30 (EAT) / 20.00 – 21.30 (JST)
- Registration: To register for this webinar, please click here
- Languages: English and French (simultaneous interpretation available)
On 31 Jan 2022, the UN-Habitat African Clean Cities Platform (ACCP) is starting a webinar series which aims to share knowledge and experiences to tackle common challenges observed in the African continent. The goal is to improve member countries and cities access to important knowledge, so they can interactively learn solutions for improved solid waste management and shift towards urban circular economy.
The first webinar addresses the issue of waste collection – in many cities in Africa struggles to achieve high waste collection rate. UN-Habitat studies on Waste Wise Cities Tool so far have found that waste collection rate in Sub-Saharan African cities ranges from 7% to 60%, observing huge amount of uncollected waste becomes a public health concern. The session will explore how African cities can improve the waste collection coverage, through presentations and dialogue between prominent speakers.
- Mr. Paulin Buregeya, founder and the Chief Executive Officer, COPED Ltd., Kigali, Rwanda
- Mr. François Venance Alwende, Waste Projects Manager in Waste Management sector, Bukavu city, Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Ms. Nao Takeuchi, Waste Management Expert, UN-Habitat