- When: 19 May 2022, 11:00 – 12:30 (WAT) / 14:00 – 15:30 (EAT) / 20:00 – 21:30 (JST)
- Registration: To register for this webinar, please click here
- Languages: English and French (simultaneous interpretation available)
Since 31 January 2022, the UN-Habitat African Clean Cities Platform (ACCP) has been hosting a webinar series aiming to share knowledge and experiences to tackle common challenges in solid waste management observed in the continent so that the member countries and cities can interactively learn solutions for improved solid waste management and shift towards urban circular economy. The 4th webinar in the series will take place on 19 May, on the theme “Waste and Climate Change – Appropriate Technologies and Good Practices in Africa”.
Methane is the solid waste sector’s largest contributor to greenhouse gas emissions, leading to global warming and climate change. Methane gas is released when organic waste decomposes in an oxygen-limited/free environment, while pollutants and particulate matter arise through inefficient transportation and burning.
The 4th webinar in this series will be an opportunity for stakeholders to discuss the topic of waste and climate change, particularly on organic waste treatment and project financing. It will also showcase African good practices, creating opportunities South-South knowledge exchanges, scaling them up and replicating them on other African cities.
- Ms. Sandra M. Mazo-Nix, MSW Sector Project Coordinator, Climate and Clean Air Coalition (CCAC)
- Ms. Reka Soos, Managing Director, Resource and Waste Advisory (RWA) Group
- Mr. Drazen Kucan, Sector Lead Urban and Energy Efficiency Specialist, Green Climate Fund
- Ms. Jiao Tang, Director of Programmes, R20 Foundation