- When: 9 February 2022, 10:00AM – 11:00AM (GMT+8)
- Registration: to register for this event, please click here.
On 9 February 2022, the Asian Development Bank (ADB) is launching its 2022 Asian Economic Integration Report. The launch of the flagship report will be marked with a live webinar event hosted by Ms. Cyn-Young Park, Director of the ADB Regional Cooperation and Integration Division, Economic Research and Regional Cooperation Department.
Another year into the COVID-19 pandemic, Asian Development Bank (ADB) the 2022 Asian Economic Integration Report describes an Asia and Pacific region that has more experience in tackling pandemic hardships, better data showing positive integration trends, and greater confidence in cooperation to address shared concerns. The report also features a theme chapter “Advancing Digital Services Trade in Asia and the Pacific”, which discusses various ways for Asian economies to capitalize on the rapid digitalization and growing digital services trade through structural reforms and international cooperation.
Webinar attendees will have the chance to engage with the speakers and:
- Understand the continuing impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the region’s economic linkages in the areas of trade and global value chains, cross-border investment, finance, and people’s mobility
- Gain a deeper understanding of how regional cooperation and integration can promote post-COVID-19 economic recovery
- Examine how digitalization and the pandemic are driving the digital services trade growth
- Discuss ways on how regional cooperation and structural reforms can help Asian economies unlock the potential of digital services trade
- Ms. Cyn-Young Park, Director, Regional Cooperation and Integration Division, Economic Research and Regional Cooperation Department, Asian Development Bank
- Mr. Albert Park,Chief Economist and Director General Economic Research and Regional Cooperation Department, Asian Development Bank
- Ms. Karen Lane, Director, Knowledge Support Division, Department of Communications, Asian Development Bank