- When: 14 September 2020, 9:00AM – 10:30AM, New York Time
Managed by the United Nations Office for South-South Cooperation, the India-UN Development Partnership Fund works with fellow developing countries in a spirit of South-South solidarity. It responds to and is guided by partnering countries’ priorities in the implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Please click video to watch the recording
Since its establishment, the Government of India has contributed more than US$47M to this funding mechanism. The Fund and its Commonwealth Window have approved 57 development projects valued at US$41.2 million addressing different SDGs in as many as 51 countries. A pipeline of additional project proposals is also progressing through the Fund’s approval cycle. In total, a sum of US$ 150 million has been committed by the Government of India for this Fund over the next decade . This includes US$50 million dedicated for developing countries that are members of the Commonwealth.
To mark the third anniversary of the establishment of the India-UN Development Partnership Fund, and highlight the Fund’s contributions to the response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Permanent Mission of India to the UN and the United Nations Office for South-South Cooperation (UNOSSC) are organizing an interactive dialogue among partners. This celebration will take place on 14 September 2020 from 9 to 10.30 a.m., in the form of a mixed physical/virtual presence event, held at the Permanent Mission of India as well as online. This will be an opportunity for the development partners to describe their engagement with the Fund. A publication and video on the Fund will also be launched.
1- Welcome Remarks
- Mr. Jorge Chediek, Envoy of the Secretary-General on South-South Cooperation and Director of the United Nations Office for South-South Cooperation (UNOSSC)
2- Video Presentation
3- Release of India-UN Development Partnership Fund Brochure
- H.E. Mr. T. S. Tirumurti, Permanent Representative of India to the United Nations
- Mr. Achim Steiner, Administrator, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
- H.E. Mr. Cosmos Richardson, Permanent Representative of Saint Lucia, a Director of the Commonwealth Window
- H.E. Ms. Ngedikes Olai Uludong, Permanent Representative of Palau
- Ms. Cristina Duarte, Special Adviser on Africa to the UN Secretary-General (TBC)
- Ms. Grete Faremo, Executive Director, United Nations Office for Project Services
- Ms. Judith Karl, Executive Secretary, United Nations Capital Development Fund
5- Interactive Dialogue
- Permanent Representatives (up to 15 PRs invited to speak 1 minute each)
- Resident Coordinators (up to 10 RCs invited to speak 1 minute each)
6- Closing Remarks