- When: Tuesday, 27 October 2020 at 12:30 GMT (8.30 EST).
- To join this webinar, please click here.
On the sidelines of the 75th Session of the United Nations General Assembly, the Islamic Development Bank, the Office of the UN Secretary-General’s Special Adviser, the United Nations Office for South-South Cooperation and UNDP, will be convening a webinar on the theme “Arab States South-South and Triangular Cooperation: Experiences and Lessons Learned”.
1- Opening Session
- Dr. Ahmed Al-Meraikhi, Special Adviser to the UN Secretary-General
- Eng. Mohammad Jamal Alsaati, Director General of Islamic Development Bank Group Regional Hub in UAE
- Mr. Mourad Wahba, UNDP Associate Administrator
2- Guest Speaker: Regional Perspectives on South-South Cooperation in the Arab world
- H.E. Sheikha Hessa Bint Khalifa Bin-Ahmed Al Thani, Special Envoy of the Secretary-General of the League of Arab States
3- Background on the Initiative
- Mr Abdelhakim Yessouf, Senior Technical Cooperation Specialist, IsDB
- Mr. Tarik Iziraren, Deputy Director, Policy and Strategic Partnership, UNOSSC
4- Presentations & Experiences of South- South Cooperation from Arab States
- Egypt: H.E. Ambassador Mohamed Khalil, Secretary General, Egyptian Agency of Partnership for Development, Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- Jordan: H.E. Ambassador Yousef Bataineh, Secretary General, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Kuwait: H.E. Ambassador Amal Al-Hamad, Assistant Minister of Foreign Affairs for Economic Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Morocco: H.E. Ambassador Omar Hilale, Morocco Permanent Representative to the United Nations in New York
- Palestine: Her Excellency Mrs Amal Gedo, Assistant Minister of Foreign Affairs, Ministry of Foreign Affairs – Ramallah.
- Qatar: H.E. Ms. Lulwa bint Rashid Al Khater, Assistant Foreign Minister, official spokesman for the Minister of Foreign Affairs, Doha.
- Sudan: H.E. Ambassador Elham Ibrahim, Assistant Undersecretary of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs – Khartoum.
- Tunisia: H.E. Mrs Moufida Al-Sararfi, President of the General Authority for International Cooperation, Ministry of International Cooperation – Tunisia.