The Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development and Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH invite you to the webinar on Triangular Cooperation with Latin America and the Caribbean: A forward-looking modality for a globalised world
- Date and time: Thursday, 15 May 2020, 13:00 – 14:30 hrs UTC (15:00 – 16:30 hrs German time)
- How to register: Please confirm your participation to (email@example.com) and the registration link will be sent to you.
The aim of the webinar is to share different perspectives regarding how triangular cooperation can promote joint solutions for global challenges in a horizontal, and a crisis- and response-oriented way. A digital panel of triangular cooperation experts and practitioners will engage in a discussion based on the following guiding questions:
- Triangular cooperation as an instrument of development policy: Where and how does the implementation of triangular cooperation make sense? What experiences have been made with public health issues, such as COVID-19?
- Triangular cooperation and digitalisation: How does this fit together? What significance do innovative horizontal cooperation modalities have in the age of digital transformation? What experience does triangular cooperation have with technology transfer?
- The “Success story” of the implementation of triangular cooperation with Latin America and the Caribbean: Results and recommendations from the current evaluation of triangular cooperation as an instrument of German development cooperation.
- Franz Marré, Head of Division 304, South America, Brazil, Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ)
- Nadine Piefer-Söyler, Policy Analyst, Foresight, Outreach and Policy Reform Unit, Development Co-operation Directorate, OECD
- Dr Marcus Kaplan, Senior Evaluator, German Institute for Development Evaluation (DEval)
- Prof. Paulo Esteves, PhD, Director of the BRICS Policy Center Rio de Janeiro
- NN, Counterpart of the triangular cooperation among Uruguay, Brazil and Germany (KfW, German Development Bank) focusing on HIV/Aids prevention(tbc)
- Harald Spahn, Expert in technology transfer, disaster risk reduction and capacity development; Senior Consultant for the triangular cooperation among Mexico, Dominican Republic and Germany (BMZ) focusing on an early warning system for the prevention of natural disasters
- Rita Walraf, Deputy Head of Division 100, Policy issues of bilateral development cooperation; emerging economies, Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ)
Simultaneous interpretation of this webinar into Spanish can be provided.