- When: Friday, 10 July 2020 (8:30 am-9:30 am New York Time)
- It will a pre-recorded session.
Acceleration is needed to ensure we meet the 2030 deadline in achieving the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), with only ten years to go. Everyone can play a role in the SDG decade of action, especially the passionate, innovative, and entrepreneurial young leaders from who have demonstrated their capacities and commitment to make the world a more inclusive and sustainable place. It is against this context that this discussion is being organized to provide young people a platform for sharing their ideas and experience on how innovation and social entrepreneurship can accelerate the attainment of SDGs in the coming decade.
The outcome document of the second High-level United Nations Conference on South-South Cooperation (BAPA+40)( A/RES/73/291) in 2019, highlighted and recognized the role South-South and triangular cooperation plays in capacity building, strengthening human resources and leveraging the role of education and human development to create employment opportunities particularly in the areas of science technology, innovation, and technical and vocational education.
UNOSSC launched “Youth4South” in 2017, which is designed as an umbrella facility which aims at facilitating capacity development for established youth leaders from developing countries to learn and adapt South-South and triangular cooperation knowledge and tools in scaling up Southern development solutions with the objective of bringing sustainable development to their home country and local communities. The key Youth4South partners include the Zayed International Foundation for the Environment, United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA), Finance Center for South-South Cooperation (FC-SSC), World Food Programme (WFP) Centre of Excellence China, Office of Secretary General’s Envoy on Youth, China Institute for South-South Cooperation in Agriculture (CISSCA).
This dialogue is first in the series of 11 dialohues being organized. It aims to promote discussion and exchanges for: 1) advancement of youth innovation and entrepreneurship for achieving SDG’s with impact of COVID-19 outbreak; 2) the role of South-South and Triangular Cooperation in youth innovation and entrepreneurship. International and Chinese entrepreneurs will present their initiatives, journey and reflect on these points. Top submission through the Tencent Youth dialogue Platform will also present.
- Moderator: Ms. Xiaojun Grace Wang, Deputy Director, UNOSSC
- Welcome video (2 minutes)
- Jorge Chediek, Director of UNOSSC and Envoy to the SG on SSC (Opening remarks) 5 minutes
- Diandian Liu, Director, Phoenix TV Chinese Channel (Opening remarks) 5 minutes
- Lang Lang, Pianist (TBC) (Video Message) 3 minutes
- Huohong Yuan, Deputy Executive Director, Shenzhen Federation of Youth Entrepreneurship Promotion; CEO Shenzhen Bliss Mall Technology Co., Ltd. 5 minutes
- Cyrial Alexis Otabil, Founder, You Must Know (YMK) initiative (Ghana) (Presents their initiative) 5 minutes
- Chang Zhao, Founder, Remake Hub (China) (Presents their initiative) 5 minutes
- Bicheng Han, Founder and CEO of BrainCo and PhD, Harvard University (Presents their initiative) 5 minutes
- Presentation of three online submission by three youth representatives 10 minutes
- Zheng Haoran, Youth Leadership Officer, UNFPA China Country Office (Special Message to Youth) 5 minutes
Q&A (10 minutes)