- When: 22 December 2021
- How to Join: Click here to Register
The Good Governance Practices for Food Security especially with the new international and global scenarios pose the food system faced with the need for restructuring and developing a better resilient model. This model of development is complicated linked to its ability to identify and adopt strategies capable of combining competitiveness and sustainability. Some OIC member states showed substantial improvement in addressing the challenges and gaps in their countries by establishing a set of government entities for the promotion of food and nutrition security policies, establishing legal frameworks and strategies for implementation of activities at national and local levels, as well as engaging various stakeholders, including government, private sector, research institutions and communities.
The IOFS Program “Food Security Governance” had the unanimous support of member states in the Third General Assembly meeting of IOFS on 2-3 December 2020 in Ankara, Turkey, as well as further emphasized its implementation within the Fourth General Assembly meeting of IOFS on 8-9 September 2021 in Nur-Sultan, Kazakhstan.
The Standing Committee for Economic and Commercial Cooperation of the Organization of the Islamic Cooperation (COMCEC) published the Report on “Good Governance for ensuring food security and nutrition in the OIC Member States” in 2020. The conclusions of this study highlighted the importance of the role of IOFS in assisting member states in building resilient food systems and implementing various activities in food security governance.
In connection with the above, the Islamic Organization for Food Security (IOFS) plans to conduct the International Workshop titled “OIC Country Experience in Food Security Governance for Strengthening South-South Cooperation” on 22 December 2021 on Zoom platform to present best practices of OIC member states in Food Security Governance, as well as discuss among participants the possibility of organizing by IOFS in partnership with other stakeholders Regional Training Workshops (in-person participation) for capacity-building of responsible government officials of member states in Strategy Planning and Policy Development in Food Security.
- To share best OIC practices in governing Food Security Systems by presenting the country experiences;
- To discuss the perspectives of conducting capacity-building training workshops with a focus on “Strategic Planning and Policy Development” in 2022 for concerned government specialists of OIC member states to be conducted in-person with extending to online participation;
- To receive the feedback of participants regarding the interested areas of Food Security Governance for planning future IOFS activities;
- To review the opportunity of developing the Analysis of Food Security Policies of OIC member states and presenting within planned activities of IOFS in 2022.
Language: English (interpretation into Arabic, French, Russian)
The workshop participants will include representatives of government authorities, responsible for strategic planning and policy development in food security and agriculture, including strategic planners, policy developers, legislators and program analysts.
Visit the IOFS website for more details.